The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 30: Thankful for Christmassy Upcycling!

Like many others out there, my funds are limited but the pressure to appear fabulously festive is on us.  So today, I am thankful for the endless do-it-yourself opportunities that amazingly creative people are able to share via the web.  I stumbled across this do-it-yourself style Festive Dollar Store Projects for Gorgeous Home Decor!  

Here are a few of my favorite up-cycling ideas; they listed (in no particular order). 


A garland of ornaments!  I always find myself looking at the small plastic bulbs that come in bulk packing at a low cost store and I'm sure many of you have extra ones just laying around.  This is a great idea!  The site suggests taking some ribbon (or maybe a shoe string?) to string together the decorations to a little elfy perk to your window sill or hearth or something.  


Tying candy canes around an existing vase can add a Christmassy touch for super low money.  But I would probably need a few rubber bands to hold the candy canes against the vase, that is probably why the red ribbon is there...   My experience with this one is to keep a stash of candy canes somewhere in your house, because people cannot help themselves - they will slip a candy cane or two out of this display!  Who can resist their pepperminty goodness?


Have an ugly awkward candle in a closet or in a drawer at your house?  I do too!  (I have lots!)  The link above suggests using double stick tape and glitter to create a festive up-cycled item!  

Caution: I'm not so sure how the whole lighting the candle and double stick glitter tape works together.  So please research this one a bit more if you are actually going to light up these bad boys!






I really really like this, its creative and unique and you can tailor it to whoever you are creating it for or for whatever room of the house you want to hang it!  Plus if you are like me, you have a ton of holiday socks that - while they may be adorable - you just simply cannot wear for one reason or another.  This would be a great way to recycle them!  I'm not 100% sure how they did this, I'm going to do some more research... 



For more amazing do-it-yourself dollar store decorating ideas, explore the possibilities! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...