The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19: Thankful for the R.R.R.

Dad used to call the bathroom the 'Royal Reading Room'.  It always made us laugh and drove Mom crazy!  He used to say that the bathroom was the only place he could go read in peace, without being asked to do something or get something.  Seeing this picture today, brought that back - and I laughed.  I don't mean I giggled, I mean I belly laughed... remembering Dad's face when he would say "Well I'm off to the R.R.R." and Mom's face as she rolled her eyes and barked "Mark!"  I miss them.  

I am so thankful that they instilled on me the value of reading... How adventurous it could be, how the entire world opens up when you crack the pages of a book...  Mom and Dad both read to us (Jen and I) - whatever we wanted to read, whenever we wanted to read.  It didn't matter how many times we had read the same book or how much they disliked the book... 

For me, it was books about adventurous romances- like Lancelot and Guinevere, or Robin Hood and Maid Marian.  I fell in love for the first time with Little Women and grieved for Luke in The Prince of Tides.  Even as an adult, I cannot help but be hypnotized by the retelling of Arthurian Legends or bewitched by Grimm's Fairy Tales.  

And today, I am able to enjoy these digital classic on Amazon's Free Kindle Applications.  For that, I am very thankful!  :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...