The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Do huh?!

Nov. 6.  Say WHAT?!  What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve heard about your health condition? Was there any context? What did you think at the time you heard it – and what do you think of it now?

The very first Rheumatologist that I had an appointment with made a shocking discovery of my 'situation' (as he called it).  I was in my mid-20s and unmarried, no children, and working full time.  I was having a great deal of "residue pain" from a severe case of the shingles (that I developed two years before).  This Doc explained that my 'situation' was because I was single and did not have any children yet.  That my body was 'wanting to become a mother and spend my time at home caring for children and a husband' instead of 'wasting my life at a job'.  -Spoiler Alert- He was a bit of a jackass, and I told him as much!  That's when he enlightened my poor not-made-for-thinking feminine brain to the theory of my body rebelling against me in this way because I was denying myself what 'should matter most'...  At that point I wasn't angry at him anymore, I wasn't offended or insulted... I felt so sad for him and his family... and God help, his children. 
Of course I've also had other wild zaney diagnosis/opinions given to me, but this one was definitely the one that leapt to mind when I seen this blog prompt.

Getting back on topic here, after all of my crazy appointments I can definitely appreciate the episode of The Golden Girls in which Dorothy has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Sick and Tired, Season 5 Episodes 2 and 3.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...