The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finding a Balance



"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." 

- Elbert Hubbard


I have always been a cautious person, doing my best to think out consequences to ensure whatever decision I am making is a 'good' one.  That has gotten a lot worse since my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia.  Now I tend to factor in the emotional or muscular backlash of what could come next and how that factors into a possible flare-up.  Like many with Fibro, I used to go wild on good days, over-extending my body and energy so that by the time night fell, I was completely miserable and hurting.  I don't do that anymore, I am still learning proper management of my resources so that I can have as many good days as possible.  


There have been days where I miss the freedom of random selection, not having to worry about any kind of triggers that could slow me down days on end.  Other times I appreciate the way I take the day minute by minute, enjoying the small things that so many take for granted.  I wish there was a way to do both, appreciate each moment yet still live like there is no tomorrow.  Perhaps, with this blog's help, I will find that balance.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...