The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Vitamin D and the weather

The weather is dreary and cool, it makes me ache just enough to be uncomfortable and to encourage me to be very sleepy.  I have learned along the way that I need a little bit of sunshine every day, about twenty to thirty minutes worth of the sun's warmth does wonders for my mood and energy levels.  In the beginning I thought it was the general warmth and the enjoyment of a beautiful sunny day that did the trick, but the more that I have studied I realize it is probably about the Vitamin D.


Vitamin D comes into play in maintaining balance and general good health/moods.  My sister, Jennifer, for example takes a supplement of Vitamin D because she doesn't tolerate the sun well at all.  Using sunscreen, I am able to spend enough time in the sun to satisfy the amount of Vitamin D that my body is craving.  That being said, I tend to experience a few side effects of Vitamin D from being out in the sun for too long.  Vitamin D is also available through dietary measures, eating things like eggs, different kinds of fish, and some cereals.  So my advice to everyone who wants to experiment with Vitamin D and its effect on your mood/pain levels is to take it slowly and see what works for you.  


A little sunshine, when experienced with proper sunscreen, never hurt anyone!




Read more about Vitamin D here:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...