The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Know Your Status!




According to the Tennessee Department of Health, in 2010 more than 960 people were living with HIV in the Hamilton County area. And there are more than a million people across the country battling the virus today.

"It's like knowing if you're pregnant or not. It's just something you need to know," says Mark Treadway.

According to the Tennessee Department of Health, in 2010 more than 49 people were newly diagnosed with HIV in the Hamilton County area. The same year, 10 people died as a result.

"The problem with HIV is identifying people with HIV, linking them into care and retaining them in care," says Dr. Jay Sizemore.

"That's why I volunteer at these things... it's not for me, it's for the people coming after me, and there are a lot of people out there. And 20% of the people out there don't even know they have it," says Mark Treadway.
Taken from News Channel 9's article about the Awareness event.



This article was so well written that I brought it directly to my blog.  While I normally discuss my current diagnosis, I feel that we can never do enough to promote Awareness, Testing, Education, and Prevention for HIV.   I am also friends with Mark Treadway and have been a patient of Dr Jay Sizemore's, both quoted in the article.   


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...