The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The 4-1-1 on Supplements

I have to admit that I never really took any over the counter supplements until I started getting sick.  I have many healthy friends who take vitamins, mineral boosters, and various other supplements to help maintain their health.  I know even more chronically sick individuals who rely heavily on their supplements to have the best day possible.  This morning as I was checking my email, I ran across this Yahoo! Video and thought it was interesting. 





Or if you are unable to watch the video, you can read the article here.

Luckily, when I first started taking vitamins and supplements, I was going to a holistic doctor who helped me ease into this world of nutritional additives slowly.  I only take a few, but I have been taking them for a while now and definitely can see the difference they make. 

Here is my list:

  1. CoQ10 - helps give me energy during the day, also good for my heart.
  2. B-12 - helps give me energy long term.
  3. Magnesium Oxide - a prescription that helps with my asthma.  
  4. Centrum's ProNutrients Omega3 EPA/DHA (mini gels) - heart, eye, and brain health.  I take these because I rarely eat fish.
  5. Vitamin D - I am a major sunscreen user, every inch of exposed skin is protected from the harmful rays - but that also seals out much needed Vitamin D.  Your doctor can run a blood test to see if this would help with chronic pain and how much your body needs. 
What do you take?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...