The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow White's Secret for Skin Care




Snow White is the very first movie I remember seeing in a movie theater, it has always held a special place in my heart.  Imagine my smile when I heard that my niece also enjoys this movie!  This part always makes me laugh, yet this time it reminded me how important it is to have healthy skin and a good skin care regime. 


Being a spoonie, like many others, I have to be aware of my energy levels and am often not feeling up to do most of the things I should.  But taking a hint from my sister, Jennifer, I have a small tote that contains my essential skin care items, I keep it within easy reach of my bed.  




My tote contains:
  • Equate Micro-Exfoliating Daily Cleansing Cloths,  they remove makeup, dirt, and anything else that may be lurking after the day.  I love these!  I truly feel that these cloths are a good substitute for those days I don't have the energy to properly wash my face before going to bed. 
  • Biore Triple Action Astringent and generic cotton facial pads (or cotton balls, depending on your preference).  I definitely make sure that I use astringent on my neck, around the back of my neck and in the front, because of how badly I have night sweats.  
  • Equate Complete Beauty Lotion with Vitamin E for Sensitive Skin that includes sunscreen.
  • A new item I have added to my tote is a container of Simple Vital Vitamin Night Cream.  It was a bit of a splurge ($9) but I'm eager to see how it does with helping my face and neck stay moisturized at night without the blemishes.  
  • I also keep my favorite body lotion by my bed and lather it on as often as possible!  


Yes I have other things for my skin, but those are when I have the luxury extra energy - stored in the shower so I can reach it easily.  But to be honest, this tote is for doing the minimum.  I wouldn't exactly say the minimum, because it beats doing nothing at all.  :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...