The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Fitness Pal: Heart Information

Following the lead of my beautiful currently shrinking inspirational sister, Jennifer, I have joined My Fitness Pal in honor of my final day being 31. While my focus this year was more about emotional health, the next year I want to discover a physically healthier Amber.  (Follow Jennifer along her journey.)  My family has gone through some pretty traumatic changes over the last few years and I am going to join my sister in the proactive fight!


So My Fitness Pal had this nifty little heart test thingie and it's pretty interesting.  This is what it says about me:    


Today, your heart will pump around 2,143 gallons (8,101 liters) of blood
In your lifetime, your heart will pump 1.2 million barrels of blood
(that's the equivalent of 3 supertankers)

Your body contains about 5 gallons (19 liters) of blood
This blood circulates through your body 3 times a minute
Your blood travels around 25,956 miles a day (41,763 km)
(roughly halfway around the circumference of the earth)

If you make a fist with your hand, your heart is about this size
(A whale's heart is roughly 400 times this size)

Your entire cardiovascular system, if laid from end to end, 
is over 97,333 miles (156,609 km) long
(that's long enough to wrap around the world more than twice)

Your heart beats approximately 146,111 times a day
(by the time you die, your heart will 
have beat more than 2.5 billion times)


Will beat 146,111 times, pump 2,143 gallons of blood, and push that blood nearly 25,956 miles throughout my body!Created by MyFitnessPal.com


What will it say about your heart?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...