The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Memories

This morning I woke up with a smile, memories of my great grandparents filled my mind.  I don't really remember my paternal great-grandparents but my maternal great-grandparents were a hoot.  Papa-E used to tell all of us that if we could put salt on a bird's tail, the bird would stand still so we could catch it.  There were many afternoons I tried my best to sneak up on a bird in his yard with a salt shaker.  :)  I also remember the evenings spent on the tire swing, nervous that if he pushed me too high I would end up on the roof!  My cousins tried to go higher to get ON the roof, Papa-E was positive if we went high enough we could get up there!  I just didn't know how I was going to get down, so I wanted to stay on the ground.  




It makes me wonder about my niece, Missy.  What will she remember about me?  She just turned four and calls me "my honey best friend"... I want her to remember that.  I want her to remember the hours we spent playing school, house, dolls, and singing/dancing...  I don't want her thoughts to be that I was always sick, sore, or tired.  I do my best to be there for her, we share secrets and magical moments of Disney on Ice or dancing along with Pete's Dragon...  I want her to remember our time together in a positive empowering way... She has no fear, no doubts of what she can do, that inspiring confidence of a happy secure child.  Missy encourages me to be a better person, a confident woman, and gives me hope that all is not lost.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...