The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Secret Weapons, tucked away

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.  ~Author Unknown
I stumbled across this quote today while I was at work and tucked it away to blog about later. I think this is something that everyone days, with or without a chronic illness. A song that makes me dance, a joke that makes me laugh, a ringtone I can sing along to ~ all of those are small ways that I bring some happy back into my day. Someone told me once in high school, that the best way to live is to live in charge. When things don’t go my way or seem to be falling apart, I try not to give control of my entire day up to those few minutes. I refuse to let traffic on the way to work or burning my lunch ruin the whole 24 hours!! OK So work was difficult, driving home with the windows down lifts my soul. Yes I’m fighting with my Mom, but I’m so blessed to have her in my life!


If everything else fails, playing with my Puppy always does the trick! That’s how I want to be, no matter what else is going on when I hear the squeak of my favorite toy (or first beat of my favorite song) I want my world to light up and be all smiles and happy barks.


I have a few movies that guide me through either emotions I need to express (tear jerkers) or can captivate me so I forget my problems (usually romances or fantasy) or can even lull me to sleep with the safe familiarity of a movie I've seen a dozen times (like Shrek or Ever After).  If I need time just to clear my head and think but not think ~ I color.  I have books of large pictures without a lot of detail so I don't have to focus much, I'm able to lose myself in the way the crayons transfer onto the paper with each stroke.   Another guaranteed pick-me-up is messing with my flowers during the spring, or my bird feeders.  Its all about finding what works for you. 


If you aren’t sure what your little perk is yet, I’ll share one of mine! It always makes me smile and sing along. Craig Morgan's: Redneck Yacht Club.













If country isn't your thing, here's my second favorite song to pep me up! Sister Sledge's 'We Are Family'!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...