The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy on Purpose


"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
 - John Wooden


I try to live each day with these words in mind.  Since the onset of my condition I have lost the ability to do some things, but there are other things I can do better now because of my experiences.  


I have always believed that things happen for a reason and that God has a plan for all of us.  While I'm not 'bragging' about my fibromyalgia lupus combination, I do feel it has made me a more compassionate patient person.  I am even more grateful for the people in my life, the small things that make me smile each day, and the time I have with those I love.


I choose to be happy and thankful on purpose.     

1 comments:

Pamela in Calgary, AB said...

Hi Amber. I am living with Fibro and several other health issues and I certainly related to this post. I've never felt like God has abandoned me, or didn't want me to be well but I've often thought that perhaps there is a reason for my life to be one of pain that I'm not aware of. I just trust that whatever plan God has for my life, it's going to include pain in some fashion, so I'd better accept it and deal with it.

I hope you are able to find relief from the issues with eating. I have a real food aversion myself - lately, all I eat is yogurt with granola on top, Stone Wheat crackers, the occasional ice cream, and sunflower seeds. I have no interest in food - I look at it and I'm just turned off. I never realized that food aversions were sometimes a side effect of Fibro, but more and more, I see people complaining about it. It's so sad, how Fibro takes so much away from a person.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...