The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

8 Interesting Facts about me!


This afternoon I was browsing yahoo and ran across an article I found interesting.  "Oh My!  8 Fascinating Facts About MGM's classic TheWizard of Oz"  Naturally, I had to read the article!  

Then I got to thinking... why don't I share 8 Interesting Facts about myself?  So here goes.

1.  I have been a Girl Scout since I was six years old, or since 1986.  

2.  I earned my Gold Award in Girl Scouting in 1996, which is the equivalent of the Eagle Scout in Boy Scouting.  

3.  The first time I had something published in the news paper was in 1991.  I continued to have things printed in the local paper, until I left for college in 1997.

4.  In 1994 I won a Journalism Contest and went to Washington DC for two weeks to represent Tennessee in a Journalism Convention.  Every other state representative was in college, I was a sophomore in high school.

5.  I played a baritone sax in a jazz band.  I also played it in the high school's concert and marching bands, but jazz was definitely my favorite.  (Very few girls played them back then, and none marched with them!)

6.  I have been to eight other (European) countries, nine if you count the Bahamas. 

7.  I have been caught in a hurricane... on a cruise ship.

8.  I have recently gotten an insulin pump!  I'm thrilled and really liking it.  I haven't mentioned it until now because I didn't want to jinx anything.  But yay me! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...