The content in this blog is based on my experiences and the guidance I have received from my Care Team determined by my individual and evolving needs. Before beginning, trying, or experimenting with anything mentioned in this blog, you
MUST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN!!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Berry Busy


One of the reasons that the last couple weeks at work have been so crazy hectic is because it is the time of year again for the Tennessee Strawberry Festival.  The entire town gets decked out, people are scrambling to put together floats, baking their hearts out, kids are practicing for the parade and everyone is so freaking excited!!  Well everyone except me. haha  Ugh at work it is a bit of a scheduling nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, its a great tradition of family fun!  My childhood would not have been the same without this week of wild craziness in May!!  The whole festival is packed full of fun events carefully planned out by the Chamber of Commerce - there were free concerts (all kinds of music), booths that are selling clothes, all kinds of fair style foods (funnel cakes- yum!), interesting jewelry, and almost anything you can find on Pinterest to sell.  I'm not knocking those who are going craft crazy and selling the beautiful items they created - because I respect anyone who puts that much time and energy into something creative.  :)  I'm the kind of person who looks on Pinterest and thinks "Oh I hope someone is selling this at the court house this year."  

And I was right!! :)  Jennifer and I both got these adorable purses that are super cute and summery!  

For example, I love love love these foamies!  And while yes, I know how to crochet and yes I enjoy doing crocheting -- I'm not going to actually create these adorable little things.  Partially because I am a bit overwhelmed at work and partially because of my joint pain and muscle strain... but also because I'm a bit on the lazy side during the summer heat. :)   

Hmm maybe someone will be selling them at the festival next year? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...